Private Hearst Castle Tour, Private Wine Tour, & Hotel Suite
Savor the Central Coast to the fullest with this 3-day package. You will enjoy 2 nights in a comfortable suite at the Oxford Suites in downtown Paso Robles and experience the best of the Central Coast on a full-day Hearst Castle & Wine tour with a knowledgeable guide your second day.
2 Nights Accommodation | Full-day Private Hearst Castle & Wine Tour | 3 days / 2 nights
HEARST CASTLE, WINE, and hotel PACKAGE
Your tour will be private for your group and customized specifically for your interests and preferences to provide you with a convenient, safe and quality private Hearst Castle & Wine tasting tour on California’s Central Coast.
On the day of your tour, you’ll be making your way over the coastal mountains to the infamous California Pacific Coast Highway (Route 1) for a short drive up to the ornate and luxurious Hearst Castle.
Start your visit with the Grand Rooms tour (not private) of the main house, recommended for first-time visitors & enjoy the awe-inspiring views.
Afterwards, you’ll head to the coastal town of Cambria, where you can grab a delicious lunch and browse the many art galleries, boutique shops and more. After lunch, we’ll drive back to Paso Robles wine country where you’ll visit a winery (tasting fee not included).
We’ll finish the day at a brewery in Tin City, Paso Robles’ (purchases not included).
- Breathtaking drive through the mountains and along Route 1 to the magnificent Hearst Castle
- A guided tour of the Grand Rooms of Hearst Castle (not private, guide provided by the State Park)
- Time to explore, shop and eat in the charming seaside town of Cambria
- Visit a winery in Paso Robles
- Visit Tin City, Paso Robles hippest tasting destination, featuring boutique wineries, breweries, distilleries, a cider house, sheep’s milk ice cream and more
- Knowledgeable, friendly and experienced local guide
- Family Friendly
- Wine shipping boxes available for purchase to get your wine home!
Once you book this package, we will confirm availability at the Oxford Suites in Paso Robles and availability for the Grand Rooms Tour at Hearst Castle.
If they do not have availability on your requested date, we will get in touch immediately to notify your group and discuss options.
Our wine country concierge will get in touch to learn more about your group and start putting together a great itinerary customized specifically for you.
We can also build a customized day just for your group based on your preferences, if you have specific places, wineries, distilleries or breweries you want to visit, we are happy to book those on your behalf, assuming availability.
All tours are a fixed rate depending on the number of people in your group, and you will get a spacious private tour vehicle and knowledgeable tour guide/driver for 9 hours on day 2. Typically tours last from 8:45am until 5:45pm.
- 2 Nights Hotel Stay in a Suite at the Oxford Suites in Paso Robles
- 9 hours with a private vehicle and knowledgeable tour guide/driver
- Hearst Castle Grand Rooms Tour Ticket
- Complimentary chilled bottled water on the bus
- We will make all appointments on your groups’ behalf
- Knowledgeable, friendly, experienced, and professional local tour guide
- Comfortable, spacious vehicle
- Tasting fees and purchases at the venues visited (tasting fees can be prepaid to create an all-inclusive experience). Many wineries will waive these fees if a customer purchases wine or joins their wine club
- Lunch and dinner
- Purchases in Tin City
- Extra time with vehicle & guide on day 2
- Gratuity for your guide
Paso Robles has an Amtrak train station (PRB) and you can visit California’s Central Coast Wine Country by train departing from Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco/Oakland (OKJ).
Tours from Los Angeles
- Central Coast Hearst Castle & Wine Tour | Round-Trip LA
- Central Coast Hearst Castle & Wine Tour | LA to SF
Tours from San Francisco
- Central Coast Hearst Castle & Wine Tour | Round-Trip SF
- Central Coast Hearst Castle & Wine Tour | SF to LA
Train tickets can be purchased online directly via Amtrak here.
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Children of all ages are welcome on the tour though drinking alcohol is not permitted for those under the age of 21. This tour is not recommended for children under the age of 8 years old. Please bring a valid photo ID.
Although dogs are welcome on all our private tours, Heast Castle does NOT allow dogs on their tour and therefor this package is not dog friendly.
Wear comfortable shoes and bring layers as the weather is subject to sudden changes. Often, the coastal weather can be cool with some fog and the afternoons can be much warmer with lots of sunshine. It’s also a good idea to bring sunscreen.
If you notify us of specific requests after an itinerary has been confirmed for your group, there may be an additional fee to modify the itinerary.
Please note that the rooms booked on your tour are subject to change and may not be identical to those pictured.
Reviews from Our Guests
Frequently Asked Questions
Hotel check-in time is at 4:00 pm. Your luggage can be stored prior to 4:00pm. Hotel check-out time is 11:00 am. Arrangements may be made for late check-out, depending on availability.
Breakfast is included with your hotel stay and is available in the hotel starting at 6:00am Monday – Friday and 7:00am on Saturday & Sunday.
It is a good idea to bring layers and sunscreen. The coastal weather at San Simeon and Cambria can be very cool and foggy, and Paso Robles can be much warmer with sunny hot weather in the summer.
There are extreme temperature swings from day to night, so mornings and evenings can be much colder as well, with a possible 40F degree temperature swing between day and night.
Wear comfortable shoes, as The Grand Rooms Tour is 60 minutes long and includes approximately 160 steps, both up and down, and a 2/3 mile walk.
Absolutely! With our Private Tours, we’re completely flexible on where the tour goes and what you do.
We can organize a number of itineraries that incorporate not only great local wineries, but also distilleries, breweries, olive oil, farm tours and more!
We can also combine some tasting with a fun Paso activity – such as Zip-Lining in Santa Margarita, a private Hearst Castle experience, kayaking in Morro Bay, horseback riding and so much more!
Get in touch with us to discuss what you’re looking for, and we’ll help build your customized itinerary and perfect day.
Yes! We take care of all your itinerary planning and will make any necessary reservations and appointments for your group at no extra charge, so you can just sit back and relax.