wine country jobs in Paso Robles
Join Our Team!
We are looking for great people to join our team! Submit your application today to work for Toast Tours!
Are you a natural born entertainer who loves the outdoors, wine and meeting new people? Then this might be the perfect job for you!
Toast Tours is looking for an energetic, outgoing, fun, friendly, wine interested and professional tour guide/driver.
We’re a small, family-owned company that’s growing quickly.
Our guides go beyond just being a driver and always exceed guests’ expectations by going the extra mile, being enthusiastic and offering unmatched customer service.
You will take guests to visit a variety of locations on the Central Coast.
Most tours are an exploration of our world-class wine region, but you may also visit the iconic Hearst Castle, family-friendly farms, local craft distilleries & breweries or other exciting local spots!
We ask that our guides be able to talk knowledgeably and enthusiastically about local history, winemaking & farming, the basics of distillation and be able to make great recommendations for guests for the remainder of their time in the area.
Don’t worry if you don’t know it all! We’re happy to train the right person – but you must be interested in all of these things, willing to put in the time to study and excited to share your knowledge with guests.
We highly value our guides and want to give you all the tools & training to help you be successful, gain/increase your wine knowledge and grow personally & professionally.
Typical Responsibilities on the Job
- Balance between fun and educational tours
- Stay on schedule without making the group feel rushed
- Read each group and adjust guiding style to fit different needs, desires, and expectations
- Manage group dynamics
- Represent Toast Tours and build awesome relationships at local wineries
- Drive safely and professionally at all times
- Maintain vehicle appearance – basic cleaning is required throughout and at the beginning of each shift
- Fuel vehicles at the end of the shift
- Drivers may be called upon to drive vehicles to/from repair shops, assisting the Fleet Manager as needed
Desired Skills and Qualities
- Knowledgeable and passionate about wine, distilled spirits and local history – or a desire and willingness to learn
- Must be flexible, proactive, and able to think quickly and creatively in many situations
- Must be empathetic, tactful, diplomatic, and hardworking
- Have excellent time management skills
- Naturally confident, trustworthy, fun, motivated, and coachable
- Be able to interact with and entertain people from all backgrounds
- Must be able to bend, lift and carry 50lbs consistently
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Having great presentation and verbal communication skills
- Be enthusiastic and friendly
- Be a team player
- Able to perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Basic arithmetic skills – can easily tally number of hours, total tour costs and charge payments accordingly
Experience and Qualifications
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Must have an active driver’s license for at least three years
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record
- A tourism or hospitality background is preferred, but not required
- Possessing a Commercial Driver’s License with a “Passenger” endorsement is preferred, but not required
Work Commitment & Hours
- The position is part-time to start with tours averaging 1-3 days per week, but occasionally may include more tours per week and grow to include additional responsibilities, as desired
- Shifts typically run anywhere between 6 to 9 hours per day, though some days can be shorter or longer
- Must be available on weekends and holidays (some exceptions can be made)
- Must be available to be on-call some days
- Competitive pay ($150 to $275+ per shift – wages & gratuities)
- Staff tastings and educational opportunities
- Training & assistance acquiring Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Compensation for Wine Education Courses (WSET/CMS) after being in the position longer than 1 year
Toast Tours is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, age, veteran status, or disability.