wine country jobs in Paso Robles
Join Our Team!
We are looking for great people to join our team! Submit your application today to work for Toast Tours!
Are you a natural born entertainer who loves the outdoors and meeting new people? Then this might be the perfect job for you!
We’re looking for an outgoing, fun, friendly and professional guide.
Our guides go beyond just being a driver and always exceed guests’ expectations by going the extra mile, being enthusiastic and offering unmatched customer service.
As a guide for Toast Tours, you will take guests to visit a variety of locations on the Central Coast, including the iconic Hearst Castle, family-friendly farms, local craft distilleries & breweries or on an exploration of our world-class wine region.
We ask that our guides be able to talk knowledgeably and enthusiastically about local history, winemaking & farming, the basics of distillation and be able to make great recommendations for guests for the remainder of their time in the area.
Don’t worry if you don’t know it all! We’re happy to train the right person – but you must be interested in all of these things and excited to share your knowledge with guests.
We recognize that having great guides is the key to delivering unmatched, memorable experiences and strive to create a great workplace where you feel valued, supported and can let your fun and outgoing personality shine through.
We think this is one of the greatest and most enjoyable jobs in the world, and we want you to think the same!
Typical Responsibilities on the Job:
- Managing group dynamics, especially when there is a diverse group from different cultural backgrounds and generations, and setting the tone for the day
- Staying on schedule without making the group feel rushed
- Maintaining a balance between fun and educational tours
- Maintain the integrity of sensitive data or information
- Reading groups and adjusting guiding style to fit different needs, desires, and expectations
- Representing Toast Tours and building relationships at local wineries
- Driving safely and professionally at all times
- Maintain vehicle appearance – basic cleaning is required throughout and at the end of each shift, such as sweeping, wiping up spills, cleaning windows, and washing the exterior
- Checking out guests in our Booking Software and taking payments at the end of the tour
- Fueling vehicles at the end of the shift
- Perform Pre and Post trip inspections and accurately note vehicle maintenance and repair issues in driver log-book and report directly to the office
- Drivers may be called upon to drive vehicles to/from repair shops, assisting the Fleet Manager as needed
Desired Skills and Qualities:
- Knowledgeable and passionate about wine, distilled spirits and local history – or a willingness to learn more
- Must be flexible, proactive, and able to think quickly and creatively in many situations
- Must be tactful, diplomatic, and hardworking
- Have excellent time management skills
- Naturally confident, trustworthy, fun, motivated, and coachable
- Be able to interact with and entertain people from all backgrounds
- Must be able to bend, lift and carry 50lbs consistently
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm – some days can be quite long
- Having great presentation and verbal communication skills
- Be enthusiastic and friendly
- Be a team player
- Able to perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Basic arithmetic skills – can easily tally number of hours, total tour costs and charge payments accordingly
Experience and Qualifications:
- Our insurance requires you to be at least 25 years of age
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Preferably possess a Class “B” Drivers License with a “Passenger” endorsement, and must possess and maintain a valid Medical Certificate in accordance with CDL standards
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record with no more than 1 point. Driving record must be free of DUI and DWI incident(s)
- Ability to operate large commercial vehicles with a GVWR allowance up to 26,001 lbs
- Driver must know the rules and regulations that govern him or her. A driver must know at minimum California regulations, rules that pertain to Hours of Service as well as Federal Regulations
- A tourism or hospitality background is preferred, but not required
Work Commitment & Hours
- Must be able to work long days with occasional early starts (some days can be from 6am – 7pm)
- The position is part-time to start with tours 1-4 days per week, but occasionally we may ask if you can do more
- Shifts typically run 6-13 hours per day
- Must be available on weekends and holidays (some exceptions can be made)
- Must be available to be on-call some days
- $150 to $275+ per shift (wages & gratuities)
Toast Tours is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, age, veteran status, or disability.