wine country jobs in Paso Robles
Join Our Team!
We are looking for great people to join our team! Submit your application today to work for Toast Tours!
Looking for a flexible work schedule? Do you love the outdoors and meeting people? Do you love wine and are you excited to learn more about it? Do you want to work in an industry with happy clients where you can make a difference in their lives by creating memories that will last a lifetime?
We have the perfect job for you!
Apply today and become part of our incredible team of tour guides – all outgoing, fun and professional individuals who are great at storytelling, talking knowledgeably about wine and providing unmatched customer service by going the extra mile to exceed guests’ expectations.
This is a part time job with a flexible work schedule, perfect for someone who is looking for a great work life balance. Set your availability and work when you want!
You will take guests to visit a variety of locations on the Central Coast.
Most tours are an exploration of our world-class wine region, but you may also visit the iconic Hearst Castle, family-friendly farms, local craft distilleries & breweries or other exciting local spots!
We ask that our guides be able to talk knowledgeably and enthusiastically about local history, winemaking & farming, the basics of distillation and be able to make great recommendations for guests for their time in the area.
Don’t worry if you don’t know it all! We’re happy to train the right person – but you must be interested in all of these things, willing to put in the time to study and excited to share your knowledge with guests.
We highly value our guides and want to give you all the tools & training to help you be successful, gain/increase your wine knowledge and grow personally & professionally.
Toast Tours is a small family-owned boutique wine tour company focused on providing quality experiences that take guests beyond the tasting room. Named by Travel & Leisure as one of the best California Wine Tours for Learning, Sipping, and Sightseeing and voted as the Best Wine & Beer Tour in North SLO County, we focus on creating exceptional experiences for our guests during their visit to California’s Central Coast.
- Balance between fun and educational tours
- Stay on schedule without making the guests feel rushed
- Read each group and adjust guiding style to fit different needs, desires, and expectations
- Represent Toast Tours and build awesome relationships at local wineries
- Drive safely and professionally at all times
- Maintain vehicle appearance – basic cleaning is required throughout and at the beginning of each shift
- Fuel vehicles at the end of the shift
- Knowledgeable and passionate about wine, distilled spirits and local history – or a desire and willingness to learn
- Must be flexible, proactive, and able to think quickly and creatively in many situations
- Must be friendly, empathetic and fun
- Be able to interact with and entertain people from all backgrounds
- Must be able to bend, lift and carry 50lbs consistently
- Having great presentation and verbal communication skills
- Be a team player
- Able to perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Basic arithmetic skills – can easily tally number of hours, total tour costs and charge payments accordingly
- Must be at least 30 years of age
- Must have an active driver’s license for at least three years
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record with no more than 1 point. Driving record must be free of DUI and DWI incident(s).
- This position is flexible to your desired work schedule and may grow to include additional responsibilities as desired (this job is seasonal, so some times of year are busier than others
- Shifts typically run during the daytime, anywhere between 6 to 9 hours per day, though some days can be shorter or longer
- Must be available on weekends and holidays (some exceptions can be made)
- Competitive pay ($150 to $300+ per shift – wages & gratuities)
- Staff tastings and educational opportunities
- Training & assistance acquiring Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Compensation for Wine Education Courses (WSET/CMS) after being in the position longer than 1 year
- Access to wine discounts & industry parties