Paso Robles is a great destination year-round, but there’s just something magical about being in wine country during the holidays.
3 Reasons to Make Paso Robles Your Next Holiday Destination
Table of Contents
Avoid the holiday crowds (& the heat!)
September & October are the busiest months in wine country with all the bustle of harvest, wine club parties, winemaker dinners, special events, festivals and so much more.
Once November & December roll around, winemakers & winery staff finally have a chance to step back and wind down from all the craziness – which makes this a great time for you to come to visit!
It’s easier to get reservations at your preferred wineries & restaurants, wineries have more time to provide quality experiences – and everyone is still eager to chat about all the harvest chaos, so you’re likely to get a good inside scoop on the vintage.
It’s also finally starting to cool off in wine country, so you can sip & savor the notorious red wines that Paso Robles is known for, since – let’s be honest – red wine tastes a little bit better when it’s not hot out!
Plenty of winter things to do to put you in a festive mood!
Just because it’s not high season doesn’t mean that there’s nothing to do!
In fact, Paso Robles offers numerous holiday things to do to help get you in the spirit:
- November 12, 2022, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
- Hosted by the downtown merchants, this free family-friendly event kicks off the holiday shopping season by indulging shoppers with hors d’oeuvres, refreshments, and festive entertainment. Guests themselves dress in their holiday finest, enjoying the downtown merriment until late in the evening.
- November 25, 2022, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm.
- Another free family-friendly event, Mrs. Claus will arrive and light the downtown, illuminating the holiday festivities and inviting all to enjoy. The event boasts live music, candlelight caroling, free cookies, and hot chocolate – so grab your family & friends and kick off the Christmas season!
- November 26, 2022 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Spend the day walking around downtown Paso Robles where 23 wineries are joining together to offer
delicious food and red wine pairings.
- December 3, 2022, 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
- Downtown Paso Robles enjoys the sights and sounds of the holiday spirit with an illuminated parade featuring an array of light spectacles from local businesses. This year’s theme is ‘Deck the Halls’ and it’s sure to be a great time!
- December 10, 2022, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Vine Street is lined with beautiful & ornate Victorian homes that are festively decorated with Christmas lights and boasts some type of entertainment at nearly every house! Scrooge will be there along with Santa, local choirs, dance groups, bands, and more. Treat yourself to some hot chocolate and popcorn too.
- November 25 – December 23, 2022
- $15 – $25 depending on the day
- Just a short drive from Paso Robles and one of our ultimate favorite holiday activities – this German-style Christmas Market features 2+ million twinkling Christmas lights, artisan vendors, visits from Santa, a fun train ride, cozy fire pits, live music, delicious food & drink (did someone say Gluhwein?!) and so much more.
- $43 – $112
- OK, this isn’t a holiday-specific activity – but a beautiful art-exhibit light show surrounded by vineyards has to be at the top of your holiday list of things to do. Get there early and grab a glass of local wine/beer/distilled spirits and watch the landscape transform as the sun sets and the lights shine brighter. Live music and food are available each night.
- Winery Events all Season!
- Don’t forget to check out all the cheerful winemaker dinners, special pairings, and activities at the wineries themselves! Check out Pasowine.com for an up-to-date list of events
Pick Up Some Great Gifts
Get your friends and family something they actually want this year.
Obviously, we have plenty of great wines to choose from – in fact, Paso Robles grows and produces over 70 different grape varieties! – so you’re sure to be able to find something for every palate.
Paso Robles also offers everything from award-winning name brands to boutique, off-the-beaten-path gems – and at nearly every price point, so you’re sure to find something that’s a perfect fit for them.
But it doesn’t stop there! We also have a great distillery trail with more than a dozen producers of quality craft spirits. Pick up a bottle of their favorite booze, or take advantage of their pre-made gift packs – did someone say old-fashioned kit?
Don’t forget the locally made, all-natural cocktail mixers: artisan olive oil, fresh lavender products, local honey, cheese and SO much more!
TIP: When booking your wine tour, let us know that you’re looking to pick up some gifts during your excursion, as well as a little more about what you’re looking for – and we’ll include places that have exactly what you’re looking for!
Whether you’re a couple or a large group, we will put together the perfect itinerary for you!
Look forward to Toasting with you soon